We have been listed on the Tourist Inspiration website as inspired purveyors of fine Scottish food, drink & gifts.
We are excited to lead the way in the 2017 Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight by highlighting our focus on flying the flag for homegrown producers across Scotland.
During these two weeks only, Sept 2-17, we are offering our customers a 10% discount on their purchases when they mention ‘Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight’.
Photo: Lussa Gin is an adventure in gin with Claire Fletcher describing local botanicals.
So how better to celebrate the Fortnight than with a spot of gin, vodka or whisky?!
Join us on the dates below to meet and chat with producers, taste their tipples and purchase a bottle or two with our Fortnight 10% discount.
Each producer is also donating a bottle for us to raffle off to customers who share their email.
If you haven’t already, sign up to our newsletter for updates.
- Friday, 1 September, 3-5pm: Magnum Cream Liqueur
- Saturday, 2 September: Aelder Elixir
- Sunday, 3 September: Fraiser of Scotland
- Friday, 8 September, 2-4pm: Shetland Reel Gin
- Saturday, 9 September: Crossbill Gin
- Sunday, 10 September:Magnum Cream Liqueur
- Friday, 15 September: Achroous Gin
- Saturday, 16 September: Lussa Gin
- Sunday, 17 September: Misty Isle Gin
- Saturday, 7 October, 2-4pm: Hills & Harbour Gin
- Saturday, 28 October, 2-4pm: Lilliard Gin
It’s been almost five years since we visited Tunnock’s in Uddingston (near Glasgow) and met Boyd Tunnock while on an amazing tour of the factory, but I remember it like it was yesterday.
Next time you pop into the shop ask me to describe how the famous caramel wafers are made because it’s truly by hand!
Fiona spoke with Mark Ellwood from Condé Nast Traveller about Scotland’s love affair with candy and our wee obsession with sugar.
Our Scottish Year of Food and Drink in 2015 was such a huge success that we are continuing our producer showcases throughout 2016!
Our weekly spotlight on individual producers is a chance for you to celebrate Scotland’s natural larder and quality produce by meeting producers face to face and tasting their products for the first (or second or third) time.
If you haven’t already, sign up to our newsletter for updates.
Photo: Colonsay Brewery really know how to serve a great taste of their beer!
Our 2016 Scottish producer showcases are on Thursdays, 3-6 pm with some dates awaiting producer confirmation so keep an eye on the list below.
- March 24: Hurly Burly Brewery
- March 31: The Whisky Sauce Company
- April 7: Red Squirrel Gingernut Liqueur and Trotters Independent Condiments
- April 14: Ooft! Sauce
- April 21: Arbikie Gin and Arbikie Vodka
- April 28: The Colonsay Brewery
- April 30 (Saturday): Dark Matter Spiced Rum
- May 5: Roots Soda Co.
- May 12: Stewart Brewing
- May 19: Oisin’s Farm
- May 26: Pickering’s Gin
- June 2: Edinburgh Beer Factory
- June 9: Magnum Cream Liqueur
- June 16: Thistly Cross Cider
- June 23: Magnum Cream Liqueur
- June 30: Cindy’s Tea
- July 7: Arbikie Gin and Arbikie Vodka
- July 9 (Saturday 2-4pm): Trotters Independent Condiments
- July 14: The Wee Tea Company
- July 16: (Saturday 2-4pm) Shetland Reel Gin
- July 21: The Little Herb Farm and The Whisky Sauce Company
- July 28: Bothy Gin
- August 4: Bearded Baker Bagels and Dunkeld Smoked Salmon
- August 6: (Saturday 2-5pm) Mara Seaweed
- August 11: Ogilvy Vodka
- August 13: (Saturday 3-5pm) Darnley’s View Gin
- August 18: Bellfield Brewery Gluten Free Beer
- August 25: Macsween Haggis
- September 1: Bothy Gin
- September 8: Gingernut Liqueur
- September 15: Private Event: Highland Explorer Tours
- September 17: (Saturday 3-5pm) Mara Seaweed
- September 24: (Saturday 3-5) Shetland Reel Gin
- October 11: Private Event: Beer in the Canongate: Bellfield Brewery & Great Glen Charcuterie
- October 15: (Saturday 2-5pm) Charlotte Flower Chocolates
- October 22: (Saturday 3-5pm) Ooft! Sauce
- October 26: Private Event: Beer in the Canongate: Edinburgh Beer Factory,Bellfield Brewery, Keith Brewery & Great Glen Charcuterie
- November 12: (Saturday 2-4pm) Fraiser Whisky & Strawberry Liqueur
- November 15: Private Event 4-6pm
- December 1: 2-5pm Shetland Reel Gin
- December 3: (Saturday 1-4pm) Aelder Elixer
- December 8: 2-5pm Trotters Independent Condiments
- December 10: (Saturday 1-3pm) Arbikie Gin and Arbikie Vodka
- December 11: Private Event 6-8pm
- December 12: Private Event 6-8pm
- December 15: Canongate late night shopping to 7pm
- December 17: (Saturday) TBC
- December 18: (Sunday 2-4pm) Fraiser Whisky & Strawberry Liqueur
- December 22: Late night shopping to 7pm
- December 23: (Friday) TBC
If you’re like us, climbing tall buildings and hills around Edinburgh isn’t always at the top of your To Do list.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to change that!
The Monumental Challenge is an invite to local Edinburghers between October 8 and December 8 2016 to climb all 430 steps to the top of the Scott Monument on Princes Street and Nelson Monument on Calton Hill.
With us so far?
Register your success at the top of both by getting your ticket stamped and be automatically entered to win an exclusive package of experiences including…ta da…a £100 shopping spree at Cranachan & Crowdie.
Very cool, right?!
Here are the details for the Monumental Challenge.
The List has welcomed Cranachan & Crowdie to Edinburgh’s famous Royal Mile with a shout out about the authenticity of their range of Scottish food and drink products.
One of our very local producers, Roots Soda, is a testament not only to hard work but a strong belief in making a product to be enjoyed, savoured and not fill us with tons of sugar.
Mark and Hannah at Roots Soda are also great supporters of their stockists. It’s such a pleasure to be part of a Scottish Soda Love Fest!
Of course we can highly recommend you try each of the sodas in their range…which we just happen to stock.
Pop in and pick up a six pack of chilled Roots Soda!
What’s in store for 2016 you ask? 2015 has been the Year of Food and Drink in Scotland and we filled every Thursday with producer pop-ups in the shop. They were popular with visitors and we learned (and tasted) a lot so we plan to continue this throughout 2016.
We intend to introduce new and exclusive producers to our customers! We believe we have the largest selection of Scottish products on our shelves and we want to continue supporting small, artisanal producers while celebrating and promoting Scotland’s natural larder and quality produce.
If you haven’t already, sign up for our newsletter on our homepage and we will keep you updated about our activities, including private tasting events.
We look forward to seeing you again or meeting you for the first time in 2016!
Beth & Fiona
Word of mouth is the easiest way to uncover truly local shops, sometimes off the beaten track or still in the early stage of business. We always ask friends for their recommendations when we plan a short break in Europe because we trust them…and they’ve already done the research.
We have been included in The Telegraph’s piece about Edinburgh Shopping and it’s worth scrolling through the entire list of 30 independent shops to reach us at #24 and Pinnies & Poppyseeds at #31. We love it when our fans save the best for last.
Happy shopping in Edinburgh!